Conservatives Call On Government To Release Land For Housing Supply
House of Commons question. P e r o i d. Is a very exciting time in the House of Commons where the opposition grills I mean in questions / the government of the day
Bill C-2, An Act to provide further support in response to COVID-19
• Hon. Chrystia Freeland, P.C., M.P., Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance
Part 1 amends the Income Tax Act and the Income Tax Regulations to extend subsidies under the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS), the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS), and the Canada Recovery Hiring Program until May 7, 2022, as part of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Support under the CEWS and the CERS would be available to the tourism and hospitality sector and to the hardest-hit organizations that face significant revenue declines. Eligible entities under these rules would need to demonstrate a revenue decline over the course of 12 months of the pandemic, as well as a current-month revenue decline. In addition, organizations subject to a qualifying public health restriction would be eligible for support, if they have one or more locations subject to a public health restriction lasting for at least seven days that requires them to cease some or all of their activities. Part 1 also allows the government to extend the subsidies by regulation but no later than July 2, 2022.
Department of Employment and Social Development
• Elisha Ram, Associate Assistant Deputy Minister, Skills and Employment Branch
• Douglas Wolfe, Senior Director, Strategic Policy and Legislative Reform, Strategic Policy, Analysis and Workplace Information Directorate, Labour Program
• Catherine Demers, Director General, Employment Insurance Policy, Skills and Employment Branch
• Benoit Cadieux, Director, Special Benefits, Employment Insurance Policy, Skills and Employment Branch
• George Rae, Director, Policy Analysis and Initiative, Employment Insurance Policy, Skills and Employment Branch
• Sébastien St-Arnaud, Manager, Labour Program
Department of Finance
• Nicholas Leswick, Associate Deputy Minister
• Maximilian Baylor, Senior Director, Personal Income Tax Division, Tax Policy Branch
• Lindsay Gwyer, Director General, Legislation, Tax Legislation Division
• Trevor McGowan, Director General, Tax Legislation Division, Tax Policy Branch
• Yves Poirier, Director, Economic Development, Business Income Tax Division
Housing supply ext of the Motion
That, given that, (i) the government has failed to increase the housing supply in Canada, (ii) the government’s $400 billion of new spending has produced a surge of inflationary pressure that has driven home prices more than 30% above pre-pandemic levels, the House call on the government to: (a) review and consolidate all federal real estate and properties in Canada in order to make at least 15% available for residential development; (b) ban foreign investors from purchasing Canadian real estate; and (c) commit to never introducing a capital gains tax on the sale of primary residences.
Leave your comments down below, please!
Join this channel to get access to perks:
Donate “Freedom of Speech Fund” Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/safespacecafe
Average Canadian’s wishing to hear from all sides…
Research: Nicky Mephistopheles
Canadian Politics are Discussed. All Parties covered from the Conservative’s, Liberals, NDP, Greens & the PPC.
We do not promote nor endorse protests, though legal just not our style, we prefer the word in all it’s forms, with a touch of humour…
Where’s your Safe Space?
It could be cold concrete, or a deck with morning fog & a steaming tea?
A park by the lake? Beach combing on an August day, cause it bites the little one in December…
In winter, is it in the evergreens with Blue Jays, Cardinals & those little happy robber looking ones?
Perchance, in fall it is under a comfort’ing Mable with all the glory of what my Arabian friend calls Canadian Whiskey (Mable Syrup).
Or like some, find their Safe Space is in the thick of it, when there is no time to discuss/congratulate, hold a meeting nor anything but the task at hand…
Where’s your Safe Space?
#SafeSpaceCafe, #cdnpoli, #FINA,